As I walk the halls of Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, I am regularly struck by the consistent presence and contributions of our hospital volunteers. They are members of our community – our mothers and fathers and grandparents and retired caregivers - who give freely of their time and talents, and are a vital part of our patient care team. Here are just a few of the contributions that our volunteers make to Lake Norman Regional Medical Center:
- Greet patients and visitors, and help them find their way
- Answer hospital phones and help callers find what they need
- Stock, organize and manage our impressive gift shop
- Keep our patient and public waiting areas clean and inviting
- Deliver flowers, mail, books and magazines to patients
- Donate funds to local charities and organizations
Each year in April, we pause together to thank these volunteers for their compassion and dedication. This year, National Healthcare Volunteer Week will be celebrated the week of April 15 in hospitals across the country.
Each year at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center, more than 100 volunteers contribute more than 23,000 hours of service across multiple areas of patient and visitor care. Please join us in thanking these valuable members of our team, as well as all the volunteers in our community who give of themselves in service to others.
Stephen Midkiff is the CEO of Lake Norman Regional Medical Center.